today, i am 39. Â and it's definitely a bittersweet birthday this year. Â a day that is supposed to be celebratory but it's not--because steve will leave this afternoon, to return in 204 days (may 6th 2009). Â steve and the kids were so sweet last night...dinner, birthday songs all night and such thoughtful (and funny) presents. and well, it just seems weird to be 39. Â not old, but old..er. Â i think i say it every year, but i don't feel my age. Â not that i know what 39 is supposed to feel like or even look like.
yesterday, a friend/parent at sky's school said,Â
you don't look that old. Â
i guess that is good...to not look that old. ;-)
so in celebrating my 39th, i share 39 things that you might not know about me...or maybe you do. Â might be fun to read. Â or maybe not. Â might be TMI. Â who knows, but i share.
- i have a younger sister and two older half brothers, one which i have never met.
- i have had a tongue ring since 2000.
- i have three tattoos. Â i had four, but had the one on my wrist surgically removed b/c i didn't like it, while i was active duty.
- i was enlisted in the army reserves, as a unit supply specialist, while i was in college. Â they called me private benjamin.
- i always knew nursing wasn't the right fit for me, yet i proceeded anyways.
- i got an air force scholarship to get my masters in nursing, specializing in systems management.
- my favorite job as a nurse was working as a health care integrator.
- i was a pom-pon girl in high school and we were MI state champs my junior and senior year.
- i've been running for two months now, something i haven't done since 2002, and it feels awesome.
- i hope to someday do a half marathon (at least).
- if i had guidance in high school, i think i would have pursued accounting.
- i graduated high school with a 3.75, but no scholarship, and struggled to pay for college.
- my dad is OCD (organizationally and cleanliness)Â and i have his tendencies (but not to that extreme).
- my toilet paper has to roll over (not under).
- i rarely dress in colors other than black, white and kahki, except for exercising.
- steve is five years younger than me.
- i'm afraid to ride in an elevator alone.
- i'm an overachiever, sometimes to a fault.
- my mother was born and raised in germany. Â i wish she had taught us german.
- sadly, i don't talk to any of my family very much at all.
- i'm excited to live on a sailboat and travel around the americas, when steve retires (2017).
- i love coffee; mornings are tough without it.
- i miss being in the military.
- computers frustrate me to no end.
- i'm 5'5" and weigh 126.
- i have an obsession with jackets because i didn't have many growing up.
- i love alternative music.
- i wish i read more and had a larger vocabulary.
- i have always loved school, from elementary through college.
- i struggle with having a healthy body image (always have), but want to teach my children to think differently.
- i have always crossed my legs like the photo below--entwined like that. Â it looks odd, yet it's crazy comfortable for me.
- i have this thing about wanting dreadlocks (my husband thinks i'm crazy).
- i stink at sports.
- i hope to write a book someday.
- kiele reminds me so much of me, as a child.
- i cherish the friendships that i have.
- i am proud.
- i am in love.
- i am blessed.